Friday, July 09, 2010

Preschool

Two weeks ago Creed started preschool. It's just two days a week for two and a half hours, but I was still pretty nervous about it. I thought it would be good for him to have something all his own and it would give me a chance to run some errands and spend time with just Oliver. It is actually astounding how much he has learned in just a few days.

Here are a few photos from his very first day of school ever!
It was Australia week so he came home wearing this little Crocodile Dundee style hat that they made.
And his first ever self portrait!!!!!!! I know it's not a masterpiece, but it melted my heart! This is the first time he's ever drawn a picture that was actually supposed to be something. In the past he would scribble on a paper and I would ask him to tell me about it and he would say something like, "It's not anything; I was just coloring, Mom!"
Pretty good first effort, right? Since then he's been telling us that he's an artist.

2 comments:

Alexandra and Benjamin said...

Tell Creed "Hi!" from his big friend Alex. Ben has been singing "This Too Shall Pass" for months. We decided it was his end of residency theme song.

David said...

I am impressed with Creed's use of multiple media. And I know just what you mean about the preschool effect. Seems Audrey aged more in her first week in preschool than in the past three months prior!