Friday, June 25, 2010

The Newest Member of the Borup Family!

June 19th, my baby brother got married! I'm having a hard time believing it! I still picture him in his tween years when he wore "husky" jeans and went by the nickname Twinkie (which he told us to call him, "'Cause he had a creamy filling in the middle!" He was way too cool to care about what other people thought of him.)

Does anyone else have a hard time accepting that the baby of the family is all grown up? And what I cool person Eli is, although how he snagged Brenna, I will never know. They are both lucky to have each other.

Since they are both local Provoans, they got married in the Provo temple. I thought it was so cool that parents could just walk to the wedding ceremony. I was not thinking when I packed for the weekend (Ugh, it's so much work traveling with a toddler and a baby and there is so much to remember), so I only had my 50 mm lens so I didn't take a lot of pictures and those that I did take are fairly closeup and often blurry so sorry about that. You'll have to check out Candice and my mom's photos but since you never know when they will post (hint, hint), I will go ahead and post what I have so you can share in our joy.

No pictures are allowed during ceremonies in Mormon temples (which I think is nice) so here is the first picture that I caught of the happy couple. Bliss!
I love attending weddings with Larry and listening to the counsel given to the couple, reliving our own happy day and reflecting on how much more we have grown together since then. I can't think of a happier thing to do.
And it's especially great when you get to watch a member of your family have the happiest day so far of their lives. You just feel privileged to witness it.
It's been a long time since I've been together with all of my siblings. I was so sad Creed was sick much of the week before so I missed out on hanging out with everyone beforehand, but at least we didn't miss out on the wedding.

We are happy to welcome Brenna to our family!

Congratulations to the happy couple!

4 comments:

Testing said...

Congrats to the growing Borup family! I still have him stuck at around 9 years old or so- it doesn't seem possible that he's already graduated, gone on a mission and is now married! It'll be too quick before our boys are there too- better enjoy them small while we can!

Ashley said...

So this is weird, but I found your blog about a year ago and I have been following it since. I had no idea you were related to them, although I knew you were from Provo. I went to high school with Brenna and my fiance went to high school with Eli. What a small world. Love the pictures. She looked amazing! And so did Eli, of course.

Megan said...

So cute...LOVE her dress. And her new initials. :)

Danielle said...

congrats to your brother and new sister-in-law! they are a beautiful couple! :)