Friday, February 26, 2010

Our Hospital Visitors

We had a few very special visitors while we were at the hospital. First, of course, was Creed. My mom watched him during our hospital stay, but they come to visit us the first night. Creed actually barely noticed the baby with the excitement of a bed that moves and free Sprite and all sorts of buttons to push, but he was very sweet and gentle when he did notice him.

For months we've been telling him that he cannot jump on me because there was a baby in my tummy so the first things he asked me was, "Can I jump on you now?"
My mom got to hold Ollie while I chatted with Creed.
Then the next night, Tyler and Lisa came to visit even though Simon wasn't allowed to visit and they had to take turns in the lobby.
It was good to see both of their smiling faces!

Then before we knew it, it was time to pack Oliver up and head home. He didn't fit in the tiny outfits we brought and he looked especially tiny in his car seat.


We were happy to make it home safe and sound!

3 comments:

Star Gazer said...

Congratulations Steph!!!! What a handsome addition to your already beautiful family!

Cassie L. said...

Steph, he is gorgeous! Congratulations to your whole family. And thanks for taking Oliver out of the running for us. And I am being sincere. It was #1 for Koy, so I kinda feel like I get a win here on baby boy names now that you have a sweet Oliver. I love the commentary on how Creed responded. My kids are totally all about the remote controls and everything and begging for me to save my juice and crackers and whatever snacks they bring me. Apparently it isn't all about me or the baby. And that is ok! Glad you are home and wish you the best!!!!

Serendipity said...

Congrats! He is beautiful!