Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Sometimes I'm just too busy enjoying these magical moments to blog about them

Parents are always saying that Christmas just gets better when you have your own kids. It's always been my favorite time of the year so I wasn't sure that it could really get much better, but this year, wow, it really is. I love discovering Christmas through Creed's eyes. At Target this week, I asked him if he wanted a Christmas tree from the dollar section for his own room. He was thrilled with the idea, but disappointed that they didn't have purple trees. He settled for this white one that he carries around and sits next to him on the couch to watch tv with him.
He also picked out these antlers. He does not care they they have bows and are meant for girls. He loves them and wears them everywhere. I mean everywhere. And he picked out antlers for us too and asks us to wear them everywhere (which I happily oblige on trips to the park, but I did draw the line at wearing them to church this week). Tragically, his broke this week and poor Creed was a puddle of tears so I've promised him that we will try to find him another pair because the this site of this will never fail to make me smile.
I pulled out a little Olive The Other Reindeer advent that I've had stashed with our Christmas decorations and he played with it for hours today even though we've only opened two doors so he only has two tiny characters to play with.
I finished our advent and he loves it (pardon the blurry photo). He talks to everyone who comes over about the cool Christmas tree that he helped Mama make.
Here is a little shot of today's advent activity. And for the first time since I've moved to Utah, I met a blog reader while browsing for trees (hi, Amy). Larry teased me about being famous, but it made me feel happy and just a little bit more at home to discover a secret friend in my very own neighborhood.
Look at Creed's joy in this photo! Magic, I tell you! I can't wait to see what the rest of the month brings us.

Oh, and maybe if I'm lucky, I'll catch a picture of Creed playing with Baby Jesus in his dollhouse or pretending he can fly so that I can share that with the rest of you too!

6 comments:

Krista Hansen said...

Such cute pictures of a REALLY cute boy! Sam is loving Christmas too and it is so fun. Your advent tree is so cute and creative. Do you have anything inside the circles?

Kim said...

sooo creative!!! just how did you make the circles for the advent tree? My preschoolers are asking every single day how many days left and the paper calendar on the fridge is not doing the trick.

Stephanie Ford said...

The advent is actually made with gift boxes from Ikea. I don't know if they still have them, but they were fairly affordable and came in sets of twelve so I just used two sets and stuck my own numbers on them.

I opted not to fill them all ahead of time and just stick in an activity and small toy or treat each night. That way I can pick an activity that goes with our plans and the weather the next day and I don't have to worry about Creed snitching candy from them ahead of time.

Amy @ OurScoop said...

Yay! Thanks for the shout out!!!! You are famous! You amaze me! Thanks for sharing all your creativity!

Maybe I'll bump into you again around town someday!
Hope you are enjoying your tree! We found a winner and after decorating it today, I am thrilled!

Mom said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures - Creed is just adorable - love those dimples!-Mom Cat

Kim said...

I'm glad you found the time to post because then we get to share in Creed's Christmas joy too. Miss you! I hope we get a chance to make Christmas memories together.

I want Creed to see my decorations. We have the train up for him to play with. Love you.