Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Sycamore Street Press Letterpress Fortune Tellers

If you know me, you know how happy I am to work with some of my best friends, Eva and Kirk at Sycamore Street Press.  It's so fulfilling to have a chance to work on creative projects and thanks to all of Eva and Kirk's hard work, I get share that with so many other people.  Eva has said to me several times that if I ever wanted to take my designs and have my own stationary line, she would understand.  What I keep telling her is that designing a little bit here and there for Sycamore Street Press is my dream set-up; I only work during Creed's naps and if I had my own line, I would be too busy with paperwork and accounting and shipping things too ever have time to actually design anything.  Eva and Kirk work so hard and have created exposure for my work that I never would have obtained on my own. Plus, let's be honest, it's just fun to work with friends.

We recently collaborated on a new project that I've had swimming around in my head for months; a letterpress fortune teller! My sisters and I used to spend hours making paper fortune tellers (or cootie catchers).  Now you too can have a way to predict the future.  
I love these so much that I think everyone I know might be getting these this year as a present topper or a stocking stuffer.
Eva, just added them to her shop so you can see more pictures here.

11 comments:

Reba said...

these turned out so cute, Steph!

Annie said...

did you design that? you are one creative mama!! i love them!

Nikki said...

WOW - they look fabulous! Kudos to you and Eva!!

Megan C said...

Stephanie - I was reading Columbus Monthly this weekend and saw an article on Sycamore Street Press and Stephanie Ford. Congratulations!! Miss you lots!

Megan Clinger

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

Hi there! Just wanted to leave you a note saying that I love your blog! I saw the awesome yellow party you threw your adorable son...way cool! Very inspired by you!

Jessica

Larry said...

LOVE the new format.

candice said...

Love how the blog is looking!

Mom said...

I saved Columbus Monthly for you - it was SO COOL to see your name there.

Molly said...

I love those fortune tellers!

Sarah Jane said...

LOVE your blog:) DARLING fam and links and how to's....you are amazing! Love that you have a book club too! You aren't in provo, are you?

xo
sarah j

CAKE Creative Co. said...

such a small world... i was at the sf renagade craft fair this weekend and saw these creative fortune tellers at sycamore street press (who i just posted about on monday!). then i stumbled across your blog to look at your amazing yellow party... and what do you know? you made the fortune tellers?! i love life sometimes... and i definitely love your work. i'd love to do a feature on your yellow party... what do you think? : ) becca