Tuesday, May 19, 2009

By the light of the silvery moon

How did I get so behind on blogging?  Sooner or later, I will catch up.

We have an annual tradition of holding a moonlight flashlight Easter egg hunt for grownups the Saturday before Easter, but we were in California so the hunt was off.  Since we planned the trip fairly last moment, I had already stocked up on goodies so two weeks later as I started taking down the Easter decorations, we decided to leave them up and hold an impromptu hunt. It was too late to invite any of our friends with kids who would need babysitters, but luckily we talked Tyler, Lisa, and Danielle into heading over.  We were all still in our church clothes but we had to bundle up a little because it was COLD.  This is after I hid the eggs, but before the hunt started.
Larry made me promise to post this closeup so you can see how awesome my outfit truly was.
And here are our hunters, ready to go!
The rules were simple.  Everyone was assigned a color of egg to find (13 each) and there were four golden eggs that anyone could find and redeem for a bigger treat.  This year was the best hunt so far because I found the coolest nesting eggs that stacked together in groups of four so I had a lot of different sizes to hide.  
I also hid 10 Cascarones (hollowed out real eggs filled with confetti) and if you found one and smashed it on someone, you got to steal one of the eggs in their basket.  It made the hunt really exciting.

Tyler ended up with most of the gold eggs, but he shared with everyone.
We spent the rest of the night talking and enjoying our spoils.
It always ends up being way more fun than we expect (And we expect to be pretty fun).  I highly recommend holding a moonlight flashlight Easter egg hunt of your own!

Note to self: next year, plan ahead so we can invite more people and make sure to have plenty of flashlights on hand.

7 comments:

Noelle said...

Steph,
This looks like an AWESOME party idea. I'll definitely be taking a(nother) note from your book and putting on a moonlight easter egg hunt at some point. :) You are too creative. :)

Nikki said...

Second note to self: When we move back to Ohio, invite the Hudsons!

What a fun tradition, Steph!

Taunya said...

I was one of the ones inquiring about more info on this moonlight egg hunt of yours from a previous post, so thanks for sharing. Definitely in the arsenal for next year.

Serendipity said...

Such a gun idea...

Serendipity said...

Such a FUN idea!

Dani said...

I love you. Did you know it? You are so awesome and this was more fun than I thought was possible, but I think so much of that had to do with you, Larry, Tyler, and Lisa. You guys are the funnesssssst. :)

Heather said...

We almost got a moonlight hunt together this year, but with Rick out of town, I just wasn't motivated to plan it alone. Next year for sure!