Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fall has reached the farmers market

Saturday, while Larry worked (until 5:30 mumble, mumble), I took my regular outing with Creed to the farmers market. I'm glad that I had a lot of cash with me because I spent $25.00 and was very tempted to spend more. Here's what we ended up with. The BEST local peaches One of these little fresh fruit pies (and they are even more amazing than they look)
Even at $4.25, I couldn't resist one of these little yellow watermelon because I heart yellow watermelon, and I haven't seen it since we left Ohio.
A big Cinderella pumpkin that's now sitting on my doorstep
And our most extravagent, but favorite purchase, buttermilk syrup. I don't even like syrup, but Larry told me that I HAD to try it a few weeks ago and wow, was he right! We've been tempted to eat breakfast for every meal because it is so, so, so good! Our stash is dwindling so Larry told me that I absolutely could not forget to restock. Usually they sell two sizes, but they were sold out of the large jars so I had to settle for a small jar. I'm sure that it will be gone very soon!

2 comments:

Elisa said...

Steph, I have a recipe for that Buttermilk Syrup! It's really easy to make. Next time I see you I will bring it.

jt said...

We love this recipe...

Buttermilk Syrup

(15 servings)

* 1 and 1/2 cups sugar
* 3/4 cup buttermilk
* 1/2 cup butter (or margarine)
* 2 Tablespoons corn syrup
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1 teaspoon baking soda

In a medium saucepan, bring all ingredients to a boil - except for the vanilla extract. Allow to boil gently for at least five minutes. Remove from heat and immediately stir in the vanilla.

Serve warm over pancakes and waffles.

from mr. breakfast