Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Look what motherhood is doing to me!

Yesterday as I was running errands around 4:00 with Creed, I was ravenous! I couldn't figure out why I was so hungry, I had the same lunch I've had a few other days (toast, yogurt and an apple because that's a quick lunch) and usually I'm fine.

Fast forward to 9:00 that night. Larry was feeding Creed and I was cleaning up a little. I tell Larry, "Hey, your toast is done."

He says, "What are you talking about? I didn't make toast."

Oh.

Yikes! I can't even remember to eat toast after I've made it and it's not like it takes two hours to cook; I just had to remember for two minutes. And then hours later I didn't even realize that I didn't EAT the toast!

3 comments:

Marissa Joy said...

I know what you mean. Sometimes I feel like there is so little time that I have to chose between eating and getting something else done.
I love your halloween pictures. Can you reuse the stick-ons or is it a one time thing. They are really cute.

Kenny, Tara, Ashley said...

Motherhood is a funny thing that way. I always wondered what people were talking about until it happened to me. I once put some frozen shrimp in the cupboards with the dishes instead of back in the freezer. Imagine my surprise when a little while later I opened the cabinet to find some smelly shrimp (not quite thawed out) sitting on my dinner plates. That was a moment I tell you! My mind had checked out momentarily!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry - but I laughed out loud at this post. I couldn't agree more - motherhood is crazy. If I were brave enough I'd make a similar post to my blog and put a picture of what I look like when I go to work. I used to take at least an hour to get ready (and I'd like to think that I used to look very professional) . . . now I spend about 5 . . maybe 10 minutes tops on myself. It's kind of pathetic.