Friday, January 05, 2007

Welcome to Miami

We spent one night at home packing for our next trip and then Thursday, December 21st we flew to Miami. I booked the cheapest hotel room that I could find in the Art Deco District of South Beach and Larry loved the ultramodern room.
We met up with my parent to spend two days in Miami before we left on our cruise.

For just a quarter you can take a public bus in a circle around South Beach, but at the end of the line everyone has to get off and switch buses so the driver can take his/her break. There happened to be a Publix grocery store at the drop off, and I think visiting it was Larry's favorite part of the day because my family is all about trying the local cuisine so if you see something and you don't know what it is, of course you have to buy it. Mmmmmm, nothing like a beef-filled glazed turnover or a passionfruit and cheese turnover!After spending the morning exploring we headed to the harbor and took a boat tour of the homes of the rich and famous and spent some time shopping.

It was nice to spend that evening and the next morning just relaxing with my parents.


Then it was off to meet my little sister Marissa and her husband Mike for the cruise.


Has anyone else noticed that Larry likes to put his hand on my stomach in pictures as if anyone could miss that I'm six months pregnant?

No comments: